Followers

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Tricolore Salad


Last night I tried out a new recipe that I found on the internet. As I did not have all the ingredients needed, I whipped up my own version. It was wonderful! Normally I prepare a Tricolore Salad containing just tomatoes, basil and mozzarella. But as I had quite some avocados lying around it seemed like the perfect moment to try it out. Even though avocados are high in fat -- a thing we women do not appreciate -- their health benefits are great So try out below recipe: it's simple, tasty and so healthy!

You will need (serves 3 people):

1 avocado - peeled, pitted and diced
4/5 large ripe tomato, chopped
125 g mozzarella, diced
2 table spoons of basil (pesto)
some lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste

In a medium bowl, combine avocado, tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, and lime juice. Gently toss until evenly coated. Season with salt and pepper. Chill before serving! Buon Appetito!


No comments: